Gluten Free Anzac Biscuit
Eating gluten-free food doesn't mean missing out on this Australian tradition. Following is a great gluten-free Anzac Biscuit recipe for you.
Downloaded from, http://healthyfoodforlife.com.au
• 1 cup puffed rice
• 1 cup gluten-free cornflakes
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup gluten-free plain flour, sifted
• 125g butter
• 2 Tbsp golden syrup
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 Tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Put the puffed rice, cornflakes, sugar, coconut and flour in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Put the butter and golden
syrup in a small heavy-based pan and cook over a low heat until melted and combined.
2. Combine bicarbonate of soda and water in a small bowl, add to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter mixture. Stir until
well combined and all dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Put tablespoons of biscuit mixture, well apart to allow for spreading, onto the prepared trays. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Stand the trays on wire racks until the biscuits are firm
and cool. Transfer the biscuits to the wire racks and leave until cold. Store the biscuits in an airtight container for up to 7 days.