Some highlights of our activities in 2017
• April – We held a CWA Awareness stall at Bundanoon Highland Gathering “Brigadoon”. This year we invited the Highland branches to join us. We were pleased with the results, with some potential new members for other branches, answering questions from the general public, and having a lovely social time for us to be working with other CWA members on this project. We plan this to be an annual activity.
• April - Fundraising Film night for rare cancers was organised by Southern Highlands Evening Branch, and was attended by six members. The film was “Their Finest”.
• May - Scone making morning under the tuition and supervision of Jean Workman of Bowral CWA. Our creations were devoured by the school children attending the Blessing of the Tulips for Tulip Time. Thanks to Jean, we learnt so much.
• May – Three members attended State Conference of CWA held at Tumbi Umbi on the Central Coast. Congratulations to Beth Sharp on being awarded 2nd place in the Commercial Quilt section.
• May - Wingello Forest Endurance Ride for horses and riders was held at the end of May. We were invited to attend as a service activity and those attending greatly enjoyed it. We are delighted to be invited to attend again in 2018, which will be the event’s 10th anniversary. There were
349 entries this year, we understand it is now the largest such event in NSW and possibly Australia.
• June - Helping at Exeter Public School Fundraising events is a new activity for us and we are enjoying this close involvement. We baked some slices for their Bunnings cake stall, and four of us helped at their very successful socially and financially, Trivia Night.
• July – Christmas in July lunch at “The Dining Room” Bundanoon.
Below : Some of our members enjoying a recent Handicraft session